To eat healthy and get back in a slimmer shape, following a protein diet plan is a perfect choice. Numerous foods, diet charts, and exercises prove helpful for planing your summer fitness goal but protein diet plan keeps its worth high.
A low-carb diet plan proves beneficial for the health in the following ways:
- Helps shed extra pounds.
- Proves useful for putting some quality muscle.
- Prevents carbohydrates storage in the body.
- Controls blood sugar levels.
- keeps the insulin levels minimum.
Moreover, a low-carb protein diet performs wonders in combination with high protein vegetables and fruits. As it provides healthy protein and fats to the body, it increases satiety, maintains heart health and controls weight gain.
Many studies have proved benefits of low-carb protein diet. For instance, New England Journal of Medicine found that people who took a low-carb diet lost more weight as compared to people who ate the conventional diet for 6 months.
Thus, eating protein rich foods not only helps in weight loss but improves metabolism of the body.
This article contains:
15 High Protein Foods
Our body needs a specific amount of protein to be healthy and strong. Protein rich foods offer various health benefits like helping in weight loss, strengthening bones, cartilage and preventing cancer. On the other hand, protein rich diet is extremely beneficial for building muscles.
However, the recommended dietary allowance for protein may vary depending on person’s fitness level and nutrition needs.
Below is the list of 15 high-protein foods for you to check out.
Eggs are good sources of protein, full of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Eating whole eggs in the breakfast is extremely beneficial for the body. Eggs regulates various body functions and keep the skin, hairs and overall body healthy, plus provide you with enough energy to stay healthy for the whole day.
Since childhood, we have heard slogans about milk. No one can deny health benefits of milk as it is an ideal source of vitamin A, B12, D, calcium,magnesium, protein, carbohydrates, phosphorous, selenium, zinc and riboflavin.
Though milk is highly nutritious, most people don’t like it. However, you need to drink it for enjoying a good health. Note that milk strengthens bones, enhances eyesight, reduces tension, moisturizes dry skin and lowers the risk of cancer.
Greek yogurt isn’t just delicious, it’s also extremely nutritious. This thick yogurt is also named as strained yogurt. Reducing cholesterol, aiding digestion, reducing high blood pressure and preventing Osteoporosis are all health benefits of Greek yogurt.
- Note that a bowl containing 6 ounce of non-fat Greek yogurt contains 17 grams of protein, and only 100 calories.
If you choose Greek yogurt as your protein diet, avoid adding sugar, it will prove a healthy breakfast option.
Chicken breast is one of the highly nutritious foods, rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Eating chicken breast helps to lose weight, burn cholesterol, control blood pressure, and prevent cancer.
There are plenty of ways to cook chicken breast, whether you bake, grill or simply roast, it tastes delicious.
Almonds are good sources of protein, high in nutritious and provide incredible health benefits. Full of vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and manganese, almonds maintain brain health, boost energy, regulate blood pressure, aid in weight loss and prevent constipation.
Lean meat is one of the high protein vegetables, extremely beneficial for body health. Leaf beef helps immune system, improves blood circulation and body metabolism. With a lower fat content, it is full of vitamin B12, protein, iron and other minerals.
Lean beef tastes great and for cooking, you will find many Low-Calorie Delicious Beef Recipes.
Broccoli offers wonderful health benefits. Broccoli is high in dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin E, pantothenic acid, manganese, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A, potassium, phosphorus, and copper. It provides amazing medicinal properties like cancer prevention, and immune boosting.
Oats are one of the healthiest breakfast options, loaded with healthy proteins, fibers, magnesium, manganese, thiamin (vitamin B1) and carbohydrates, they quickly boost the energy level. Eating oats lowers cholesterol, stabilizes blood sugar and prevents certain diseases like diabetes and cancer.
For breakfast meal, there are several easy and quick recipes for cooking oats.
Cottage cheese is one of the healthy diet foods, low in calories and rich in nutrients. It is loaded with protein, calcium, and vitamins like Vitamin A, B2 and Vitamin B12, along with other important minerals. Eating cottage cheese daily strengthens bones and teeth, improves the immune system and prevents cardiovascular disease.
Peanuts are a good source of biotin, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, molybdenum, folate, vitamin E, vitamin B1, and protein. Many studies show that eating peanuts 5 times a week lowers heart disease and reduce the risk of colorectal cancer, diabetes, and gallbladder disease.
However, eating too much peanut is not recommended as it can increase LDL cholesterol leading to heart disease.
Ezekiel bread is made from organic materials like whole grains and legumes, varies in its characteristics in comparison to usual pieces of bread, it offers many health benefits. Eating Ezekiel bread regulates blood pressure, protects certain diseases and optimizes stomach health.
Ezekiel bread is rich in protein, fiber, and other nutrients while the reduced amount of gluten due to the sprouting of the seeds make it more healthy and good to digest. Due to these characteristics, many high protein diet recipes are prepared from Ezekiel bread.
Turkey breast is one of the best protein foods, also contains low-carb fats, sodium and calories, it stabilizes insulin levels, lowers body cholesterol and, decreases the risk of obesity. Adding turkey breast with vegetable salad into your diet provides healthy benefits, it cooks easily and tastes delicious.
Tuna fish is a healthy food and tastes delicious. Tuna fish is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, essential organic fats and proteins, it strengthens heart muscles. Eating tuna is also beneficial for weight loss as it is low in fat and high in nutrients.
Pumpkin seeds are edible, highly nutritious, contain proteins, iron, magnesium, zinc and organic fatty acids. Eating pumpkin seeds protect against arthritis, improve brain function, regulate cholesterol levels, and promote healthy skin. Other than pumpkin seeds, sunflower, chia, and flax are also beneficial for the health.
Lentils- the edible pulse is a plant-based protein source and they are available in different types. Eating lentils are good for stomach health. They are enriched with magnesium, iron, folate, fiber, potassium, copper, manganese and various other nutrients.
10 Foods to Avoid Eating this Summer
To get best advantages from your protein diet plan, try cutting down your calorie intake and avoid eating 10 foods mentioned below.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Not good for health, it may contain harmful ingredients. Thus, avoid Sucralose, Aspartame, and other sweeteners available in markets.
- Sugary Drinks: Don’t drink soft drinks, diet soda, and canned fruit juices as they contain artificial preservatives.
- Processed Cheese: Don’t’ eat processed cheese as it is loaded with antibiotics, hormones, and chemicals.
- Gluten Grains: You shouldn’t eat gluten grains like Spelt, Wheat, Barely and pasta that is sold in supermarkets.
- Vegetable Oils and High Omega-6 Seed: When you are on the protein diet, avoid adding sunflower, canola, corn and soybean oils in your food.
- Diet Products: You shouldn’t consume products labeled as low-fat like crackers, cereals and dairy products. Moreover, avoid eating highly processed foods.
- Cookies: It may raise your cholesterol as cookies contain unhealthy ingredients like refined sugar, wheat flour, and fats.
- Butter-Flavored Popcorn: It may contain harmful chemical and food additives that can cause disease.
- Gummy Vitamins: It contains artificial food dyes, gluten, and carmine, and pregelatinized cornstarch that can cause health problems.
- Instant Noodles: Not a healthy food, studies reveal regular eating may increase the risk of cardiometabolic syndrome, heart disease, diabetes and other conditions.
7 Day Protein Diet Plan
A low-carb high protein diet plan provides many health benefits, like maintaining a hormones balance of insulin and glucagon in your body.
What it actually does is, it lowers the insulin level, enables body producing more glucagon. As a result, fats stored in the body starts burning and a person starts losing weight.
The specialty of low-carb diet plan is that it provides less than 50 grams of total carbs in a day. However, you should only follow this protein diet plan if you are active and physically fit.
Here is our 7 Day Beginners Protein Diet Plan.
Above protein diet plan is made for getting healthier in your summer holidays. It may prove strict for people who want to lose weight. Therefore, you should assess the diet needs accurately to reach your diet goal.
- Our protein diet plan will help you burn fats fast but in a case, you facing nutritional deficiency and need some specific nutrition it won’t help you. For that, you should take a doctor’s advice for daily vitamins and mineral supplements.
- In addition, taking protein rich foods along with carbohydrate diet, cardio exercises and 2 days of resistance training for 5 days helps enhance body composition.
For losing weight, building muscle tissues will be more helpful as these tissues burn fats more than fat tissues. The cardio exercises help reduce body calories and fats while resistance training helps you maintain healthy muscles.
Therefore, by increasing the muscle mass, you can enhance your metabolism whereas protein diet provides essential amino acids for building new muscle along with resistance training.